- Dogs become infected through contact with the stool of an infected dog, or a contaminated environment.
- Puppies are most susceptible to this virus, although a dog can catch it at any age.
- the Parvo Virus vaccine is the best preventative and can be applied as early as 8 weeks of age.
- This virus causes severe & often bloody vomit & diarrhea leading to severe dehydration, shock and death.
- All though there is no current cure for the virus, the best chance of survival is hospitalization.
Facts about Parvo Virus in Dogs